About the Designer
Italy (1920 - 2006)
Vico Magistretti began designing at the end of the 40s, but spent most of the 50s involved in architecture. He then returned to design (by far the majority being furniture) at the end of the 50s and has continued since then. He was educated in a time of architectural rationalism and so was taught to think logically, a lot of importance being placed on using architecture to solve social problems. In particular; the use of pre-fabrication was advocated. He was always more involved in industrial design for mass production than in one off pieces, but unlike some similar products, he designed his furniture to last. This all leads to his designs tending to be simple but effective solutions to a problem. However, he kept them quite informal by adding a bit of fun; perhaps this was a natural reaction against the austerity of wartime conditions. Although this is all true, he managed to make his designs innovative and stylish with elegant lines and quality finishes. Magistretti remained consistent in his approach to his work, but continued to react to current trends and issues and was always willing to test new materials and come up with new solutions. His designs have contributed significantly to the success of Italian design.
This graceful Vico Magistretti creation is an elegant chair for use in any environment. Generous in scale, the Cirene Stacking Chair offers a modern twist on comfort. Both the arm and armless chair stack up to 10 high for easy storage, and a factory-installed, chrome-plated ganging mechanism, stored underneath the seat, is available for use in auditoriums, training areas or waiting rooms. The Cirene Stacking Chair is available in five sleek finishes, and an upholstered version is also available. Features at a Glance: *This product is made to order and thus customer orders cannot be canceled once the products go into production Design Year: 1999
- Frame made of tubular chrome-plated steel
- Molded plywood shell in natural veneer finish, smooth paint finish, or melamine finish with plywood edge
- Armchair features black polypropylene molded arm pads
- Stacks up to ten chairs high
- Upholstered Cirene Chair also available
- Optional chrome-plated steel ganging mechanism ships installed underneath seat and pulls out for ganging
- Please note: For high use and high traffic areas, the Cirene chairs with veneer or melamine shells are recommended
Order with Confidence:
- Side Chair:
- Overall Dimensions: 29.5" H x 21" W x 21.25" D
- Seat Height: 18"
- Sustainability Statement: Sustainable design is a key component of Knoll's environmental focus. Knoll's commitment to social responsibility and a healthy environment has prompted the company to further articulate its longstanding environmental programs and, with encouragement and support from colleagues in the industry, Knoll has re-energized its focus on such "green" initiatives as life cycle analysis and LEED® certification. Knoll is proud to have contributed to projects that have received LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
- The Cirene Stacking Chair is Greenguard certified.
- The Street Stacking Chair meets Cal TB 133 specifications.
- Knoll products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the applicable warranty period set forth in the Knoll Warranty.
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your Cirene Stacking Chair that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost.
- Each authentic Knoll product includes a certificate of authenticity.
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.