About the DesignerHarry Bertoia
(1915 - 1978)
Florence Knoll, Harry Bertoia garnered icon status as a designer when he created the Bertoia Collection for Knoll in 1952. Italian-born, Bertoia utilized his superior skills as a sculptor to bend and shape industrial wire rods into chairs that would become pinnacles of twentieth century furniture design. Now considered modern classics, the Collection was so commercially successful that it allowed Bertoia to dedicate himself exclusively to his main artistic passion: sculpting. His awards include the craftsmanship medal from the American Institute of Architects, as well as AIA's Gold Medal. Awards: "Designer of the Year," 1955, USA Certificate of Merit, American Institute of Architects The Design
Harry Bertoia's 1950 experiment with bending metal rods into practical art produced a revered collection of seating, including the Asymmetric Chaise. Sculptural, airy, and breathtaking in shape and form, this chaise is considered to be a masterpiece of mid-century American furniture. In Bertoia's own words, "If you look at these chairs, they are mainly made of air, like sculpture. Space passes through them." Features at a Glance: *This product is made to order and thus customer orders cannot be canceled once the products go into production Design Year: 1952
- Bertoia collection
- Scratch, chip, and chemical resistant
- White frame has stainless steel connections
- Glides included
- The Knoll logo is stamped into the base of the chair
- Optional seat pad provides added comfort
- Seat Pad secured to chair with lock-snap
and vinyl upholstery suitable for outdoor use
Dimensions: Order with Confidence:
- "Designer of the Year," 1955, USA
- Certificate of Merit, American Institute of Architects
- Sustainability Statement: Sustainable design is a key component of Knoll's environmental focus. Knoll's commitment to social responsibility and a healthy environment has prompted the company to further articulate its longstanding environmental programs and, with encouragement and support from colleagues in the industry, Knoll has re-energized its focus on such "green" initiatives as life cycle analysis and LEED® certification. Knoll is proud to have contributed to projects that have received LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
- The Bertoia Diamond Lounge Chair is Greenguard certified
- Knoll products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the applicable warranty period set forth in the Knoll Warranty.
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your Bertoia Diamond Lounge Chair that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost.
- Each authentic Knoll product includes a certificate of authenticity.
This product does not meet Cal 133 specifications. Note: This quality item is custom made for your order. Unfortunately, this means that orders cannot be cancelled or returned once placed, so please call our trained staff with any questions you may have prior to ordering - we will ensure that you get exactly what you need.