Created by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe for the German Pavilion at the 1929 Barcelona Exposition, the Barcelona Chair and Optional Stool features the pure compositional structure that now epitomizes modern architecture. This piece is truly a classic in every sense of the word. From the comfortable leather upholstery, right down to the sleek silhouette--the Barcelona Chair and Stool are modern furniture at their finest. The Design
From the hand-buffed frame to the forty Spinneybeck leather panels carefully hand-welted together and hand-tufted with leather and buttons--the Barcelona Chair is a hand-crafted modern masterpiece. Mies van der Rohe's original 1929 design has managed to stay relevant today, fitting in seamlessly with almost any decor--from casual to formal--the Barcelona Chair is a modern must-have. Each chair is a tribute to traditional craftsmanship and meticulous attention to detail.
Upholstered with high quality Spinneybeck Volo cowhide, the Barcelona Lounge Collection was honored with The Museum of Modern Art Award in 1977. Each piece also features the KnollStudio® logo and a stamp of Mies van der Rohe's signature. The entire Barcelona Lounge Collection is GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified®. Features at a Glance: Design Year: 1929
- Barcelona collection
- Exclusive manufacturing and sales rights accorded to Knoll by the designer in 1953
- The Barcelona Lounge Seating Collection is Greenguard Certified
- Stainless steel frame features premium grade 304 bar stock stainless steel; single piece construction ensures long-term durability; frame is shaped, welded and hand-buffed to a mirror finish; upholstery straps are attached with solid stainless steel screws
- Chrome frame is hand-ground and hand-buffed to a mirror finish; upholstery attaches to frame with aluminum rivets
- The KnollStudio logo and designer signature are stamped on each piece
- Upholstery attaches to frame with aluminum rivets
- Seat and back cushions adapt to fit curve of frame
- Chair contains seventeen belting support straps, and forty panels-cut, hand-welted and hand-tufted with Spinneybeck leather and buttons
- Stool contains seven belting support straps, and eighteen panels-cut, hand-welted and hand-tufted with Spinneybeck leather and buttons
- Panels and buttons are produced from a single piece of Spinneybeck leather
- Cushions are premium quality, highly resilient urethane foam with down-like dacron polyester fiberfill
- The Museum of Modern Art Award - 1977
- Overall Chair Dimensions: 30.25" H x 29.5" W x 30" D
- Seat Height: 17"
- Overall Stool Dimensions: 14.75" H x 24" W x 23.25" D
Order with Confidence:
- Sustainability Statement: Sustainable design is a key component of Knoll's environmental focus. Knoll's commitment to social responsibility and a healthy environment has prompted the company to further articulate its longstanding environmental programs and, with encouragement and support from colleagues in the industry, Knoll has re-energized its focus on such "green" initiatives as life cycle analysis and LEED® certification. Knoll is proud to have contributed to projects that have received LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council
- The Barcelona Lounge Seating Collection is Greenguard certified
- Knoll products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the applicable warranty period set forth in the Knoll Warranty
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your Barcelona Chair that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost
- Each authentic Knoll product is stamped with the KnollStudio Logo and designer signature and includes a certificate of authenticity
- Please Note: This product does not meet Cal 133 specifications.
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.