''Form is not the aim of our work. It is the result,'' wrote Ludwig Mies van der Rohe. Mies van der Rohe adhered to the philosophy of ''no trivial decoration,'' where every piece had a clear function--no unnecessary frills. The formal and functional MR Table reflects this pure and simple design concept. The Design The MR Table displays the pure compositional structure that epitomizes modern architecture. Displaying an impressive awareness of proportion, detailing and craftsmanship, as well as a richness and integrity of materials, the MR Table is a true classic. Incorporating tubular and rectangular steel, the MR Table is both formal and functional, stylish and simple. Both beautiful and elegant, the MR Table is the ultimate statement in modern design. Honored with The Museum of Modern Art Award in 1977 and the Design Center Stuttgart Award in 1978, each table features the KnollStudio logo and signature of Ludwig Mies van der Rohe stamped in the base. In addition, the MR Table is GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified.
- Top made of clear polished plate glass
- Order with Confidence: Each authentic Knoll product is stamped with the KnollStudio Logo and designer signature and includes a certificate of authenticity
- Frame and legs are tubular and rectangular stainless steel welded together
- The KnollStudio logo and signature of designer are stamped into the base of the table
- The Museum of Modern Art Award, 1977
- Design Center Stuttgart Award, 1978
- Sustainability Statement: Sustainable design is a key component of Knoll's environmental focus. Knoll's commitment to social responsibility and a healthy environment has prompted the company to further articulate its longstanding environmental programs and, with encouragement and support from colleagues in the industry, Knoll has re-energized its focus on such ''green'' initiatives as life cycle analysis and LEED certification. Knoll is proud to have contributed to projects that have received LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
- The MR Table is Greenguard certified
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your MR Table that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost. .
- Features at a Glance: Design Year: 1927Base features seamless construction buffed to a mirror finish
- Knoll products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the applicable warranty period set forth in the Knoll Warranty.
- Overall: 20.75" H x 28.5" W x 28.5" D
Knoll ® MR Table
Weights & Dimensions
- Overall: 20.75" H x 28.5" W x 28.5" D
- Table Top Thickness: 0.5"
|Shape: Round||Design: Table|
|Style: Modern||Top Finish: Clear|
|Base Finish: Stainless steel||Distressed: No|
|Base Material: Metal|
- Base Material Details: Stainless steel
|Top Material: Glass|
|Tray Top: No||Number of Items Included: 1|
|Hidden Storage Compartment: No||Drop Leaf Top: No|
|Magazine Rack: No||Drawers Included: No|
|Exterior Shelves: No||Cabinets Included: No|
|Glass Component: Yes||Base Type: Pedestal; X/Cross Legs|
|Legs Included: Yes||Wheels Included: No|
|Eco-Friendly: Yes||Product Care: Clean with Windex, Fantastikor other non-abrasive cleaningsolutions.|
|Product Warranty: Knoll products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the applicable warranty period set forth in the Knoll warranty.|| |
|Greenguard Certified: Yes|| |
We're sorry, we have no FAQs to display.
Still have questions about this product?
We're here to help
The MR Table is a Modern style product. Modern style is very sleek with clean lines, and generally incorporates high gloss using whites, greys, and blacks. A focus on geometry and
angular shapes is a hallmark of modern design. Glass and leather are also seen a lot with modern style. You can shop for more Modern End Tables in the Living section of our site.
Knoll ® MR Table
When you buy a Knoll ®
MR Table online from AllModern, we make it as easy as possible for
you to find out when your product will be delivered.
You can check on a delivery estimate for the Knoll ® Part
If you have any questions about your purchase or any
other End Tables product for sale our customer service representatives are
available to help.Whether you just want to buy a Knoll ®
MR Table or shop for your entire home, AllModern has all of your design needs covered.
About the Designer
Ludwig Mies van der Rohe Germany (1866 - 1969)
Ludwig Mies van der Rohe began his career working in his father's stonemasonry business. After an apprenticeship with furniture designer Bruno Paul in Berlin, he joined the office of architect Peter Behrens, whose work presaged the modern movement. In 1912, Mies established his own office in Berlin, and later became a member of the Deutscher Werkbund and Director of the Bauhaus. He immigrated to the United States in 1938, setting up a practice in Chicago. His buildings include the German Pavilion for the 1929 Barcelona Exposition, the Tugendhat Villa in Brno, Czechoslovakia, the Seagram Building, designed with Philip Johnson, a cluster of residential towers along Chicago's Lakeshore Drive in Chicago, and the Illinois Institute of Technology campus, where he was the director of architecture.
About the Manufacturer
With a long history of design innovation for the home, workplace, and in textiles, Knoll continues to play a large part in the foundations of Modern Design. Founded in 1938 by Hans Knoll and continued after his death by his wife Florence Knoll, the company has produced a long line of award-winning and museum worthy designs from virtually every top designer in modern design.