Inspired by the surprising strength of the apple crates he played on as a child, Frank Gehry created his thoroughly original collection of bentwood furniture. The ribbon-like designs transcend the conventions of style by exploring, as the great modernists did, the essential challenge of deriving form from function.
- All wood grains run in same direction for added resilience
- Thermosetting glue provides structural rigidity without the need for metal connectors
- Woven seat flexes for spring-like comfort
- Back of chair flexes for added comfort
- Built-in lumbar curve for enhanced back support
- ASID Award, 1992
- ROSCOE Award, 1992
- ID Magazine Gold Award, 1992
- ICFE Award for Excellence, 1992
- IBD Award (Silver), 1992
- Frank Gehry collection
- Clear plastic glides with matte frost finish
- Frame constructed of hard white maple veneer strips, laminated 7 to 9 thick with high-bonding urea glue
- Thermo-set assembly glue provides structural rigidity without the need for metal connectors
- Greenguard certified
- Time Magazine, Best Design of 1992 Award
- Made in the USA
- Upholstery Material: Leather
See something odd?
Report it here.