Amoeba Child's Table
Back in 1941, Danish designer Jens Risom created the Amoeba Table exclusively for Knoll. Today, the Amoeba Table's unique and modern design is just as relevant as ever. Working a lot with wood, Risom's signature style clearly comes through in this fun and modern kid's table.The DesignPart of a larger collection designed in 1941, the Kid's Risom Amoeba Table incorporates a natural aesthetic characteristic of understated Scandinavian design. The Kid's Amoeba Table displays the same sturdy, straightforward construction and organic shapes that embody Risom's distinctive style. One of the first pieces commissioned by Knoll, this table is a table all children will love. The fun free form shape of the tabletop will show off your contemporary design sensibilities, while making quite a statement in children's bedrooms, playrooms and living rooms.
- Sustainable design is a key component of Knoll's environmental focus. Knoll's commitment to social responsibility and a healthy environment has prompted the company to further articulate its longstanding environmental programs and, with encouragement and support from colleagues in the industry, Knoll has re-energized its focus on such ''green'' initiatives as life cycle analysis and LEED® certification. Knoll is proud to have contributed to projects that have received LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.Knoll products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the applicable warranty period set forth in the Knoll Warranty.Should you discover shortly after receiving your Kid's Risom Amoeba Table that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost. Each authentic Knoll product includes a certificate of authenticity.
- Base made of solid honey beech and feature mortise and tenon joints
- Chairs sold separately
- Top has a woodgrain laminate finish in honey
- GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified®
- Lacquer finish
- Legs and apron are select European Beech hardwood with a toned natural finish. Mortise and tenon construction
- Top is 0.75” thick Honey Beech laminate of 3-py construction with medium density fiberboard core and plastic laminate backer
- Table: 20" H x 42" W x 32" D
Knoll ® Amoeba Child's Table
Weights & Dimensions
- Table: 20" H x 42" W x 32" D
|Table Top Finish: Lacquer, toned natural||Table Base Finish: Lacquer, toned natural|
|Table Top Material: Wood|
- Table Top Material Details: Woodgrain laminate
|Table Base Material: Wood|
- Table Base Material Details: Honey beech
|Table Design: Writing Table||Wheels Included: No|
|Rounded Corners: Yes||Table Legs: Yes|
- Number of Legs: 4
- Leg Material: Honey Beech hardwood
- Leg Finish: Honey Beech
|Seating Included: No||Drawers Included: No|
|Shelving Included: No||Storage Features: No|
|Cupholder: No||Umbrella Included: No|
|Chalkboard Included: No||Whiteboard Included: No|
|Easel Included: No||Total Seating Capacity: 2|
|Eco-Friendly: Yes|| |
|Green Guard Certified: Yes|| |
We're sorry, we have no FAQs to display.
Still have questions about this product?
We're here to help
Knoll ® Amoeba Child's Table
When you buy a Knoll ®
Amoeba Child's Table online from AllModern, we make it as easy as possible for
you to find out when your product will be delivered.
You can check on a delivery estimate for the Knoll ® Part
If you have any questions about your purchase or any
other Kids Tables and Sets product for sale our customer service representatives are
available to help.Whether you just want to buy a Knoll ®
Amoeba Child's Table or shop for your entire home, AllModern has all of your design needs covered.
About the Designer
b. Denmark, 1916
The first true Knoll designer, Jens Risom joined the young Hans Knoll Furniture Company in the early 1940s as the sole designer of interiors and furniture. Born in Denmark to the well-known architect Sven Risom, Jens worked in Stockholm for one year before graduating from the prestigious Kundstandvaerkerskolen in Copenhagen.
Risom left Denmark for the United States in 1938 and, for two years, served as Director of Interior Design at the studio of Dan Cooper, Inc. in New York before starting a freelance career specializing in furniture and textiles. It was during this time that he met Hans Knoll. The pair collaborated on an exhibition for the New York World's Fair. Knoll asked Risom, who had been searching for a promoter and manufacturer, to help him design interiors for clients around New York.
With Hans handling client relations and Jens planning interiors and designing furniture when needed, the pair began to take on more design projects. In 1942 they printed the first Knoll Catalog, which included 15 pieces designed by Risom — the very first furniture to be commissioned specifically by Knoll. Working ingeniously within the constraints of wartime material shortages, Risom developed several chairs and tables using essentially scraps of wood and rejected nylon straps from parachute production. Despite these constraints, Risom was able to design innovative and truly modern pieces of furniture, a selection of which were reintroduced by Knoll in 1994.
In 1943, Risom left Knoll to join the U.S. Army. He returned to the United States in 1946 to launch his own design firm Jens Risom Design, which he ran until the early 1970s. After selling his company, Risom relocated to Connecticut and started a design consultancy firm. He is a trustee of the Rhode Island School of Design and was knighted by Queen Margrethe of Denmark in 1996.
About the Manufacturer
With a long history of design innovation for the home, workplace, and in textiles, Knoll continues to play a large part in the foundations of Modern Design. Founded in 1938 by Hans Knoll and continued after his death by his wife Florence Knoll, the company has produced a long line of award-winning and museum worthy designs from virtually every top designer in modern design.