About the Designer
Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec
Ronan Bouroullec (born 1971) and Erwan Bouroullec (born 1976) have been working together for about ten years now. In 1997, they presented their "Disintegrated Kitchen" at the Salon du Meuble in Paris and were spotted by Giulio Cappellini, who gave them their first industrial design projects. Voted Designers of the Year at the Salon du Meuble in 2002, their other awards include the Grand Prix du Design (Paris, 1998), the New Designer Award at the International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF New York, 1999) and the Finn-Juhl Prize (Copenhagen, 2008). Several exhibitions have been devoted to their work.: Design Museum, London (2002), Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles, the Museum Boijmans van Beuningen, Rotterdam, and La Piscine, Mus?e d'Art et d'Industrie, Roubaix (all in 2004), at the Villa Noailles, Hyeres (2008) and at the Grand Hornu, Belgium (2009). Two monographs books have been published about the design of Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec: Ronan et Erwan Bouroullec û Catalogue de Raison (Paris: Images Modernes / Kreo, 2002) and Ronan et Erwan Bouroullec.
The Panier is distinguished by its simple yet evocative form. The shiny, transparent bars emanating from a central circle recall the rays of the sun, particularly when placed in the light. Its structure consists of four modules which attach by means of a tongue-and-groove and secured with a discreet joint. Made entirely of polycarbonate, the Panier is suitable for indoor or outdoor use and functions as both a container for magazines and supplies or even as a small end table. Perfect for the pool deck, living room or bedroom, the Panier is a useful and playful addition to the home.
- Made of transparent polycarbonate
- Can be used indoors or outdoors
- Dimensions: 9" H x 24" W
- In 2005, Kartell received accreditation for its Quality Management Systems according to the ISO 9001: 2000 standard. The attainment and preservation of this certification testifies to Kartell's commitment to high quality and continued research into higher levels of quality in company management systems.
Helping the Environment:
- Kartell products use a wide variety of plastic materials, thereby reducing the use of living organisms, such as trees, which are difficult and time-consuming to replace.
- Most Kartell products are easily recycled and product components can be separated to elements made of a single material to simplify the recycling process. Plastic components also carry clear identification marks to aid correct separation of different plastic types for effective recycling.
Care and Maintenance:
- Kartell products are easy to clean and require only simple care to remain in excellent condition.
Order with Confidence:
- Authentic Kartell products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 12 months under normal use and under conditions for which the items were designated.
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your Panier that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost.
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.