About the Designer
France (1949 - )
He remembers having spent his childhood under his father's drawing tables, passing hours stitching, cutting, gluing and grinding, disassembling bicycles, motorbikes and other objects. Endless hours, an entire life spent dismantling and reassembling anything that fell into his hands, reconstructing his surrounding world. He continues to shake the traditions and culture of the world's major cities, with the interior design of the restaurant at Hong Kong's Peninsula Hotel (1994), the Teatron in Mexico (1995), the Delano Hotel a Miami (1995), the Modrian in Los Angeles (1996), the Asia de Cuba restaurant in New York (1997), as well as an entire series of ongoing projects in London and elsewhere. His skill lies in being able to transform instantly the object of the commission into a place filled with charm, pleasure and encounters. He tirelessly modifies everyday life, exalting the deepest roots of existence in his changes. His increasing fascination with life has now led him to create clothes, underwear, footwear, glasses, food, and always with the conviction that his design respects nature and the future of humankind. In the exhibits of museums all around the world, in Paris, New York, Munich, London, Chicago, Kyoto and Barcelona, his work is considered to be that of a master. He has received numerous prizes and awards: designer of the year, the Oscar de luminaire (1980), the title of Officier des Artes et des Lettres (1985), Compasso d'Oro ADI (2001), Show Boats in Munich (2003), and many others.
The Top Top Table and Ghost Chair collections are perfect complements to each other in both form and materials, and this set allows for a range of possibilities to create a striking ambience. The Louis Ghost chairs exhibit both antique and contemporary elegance that accents the timeless appeal of the Top Top Table. Designed by: Philippe StarckFeatures:
- Dining table frame made of PMMA
- Dining table top made of polyester lacquered MDF, weng or durmast
- Chairs made of transparent or batched-dyed polycarbonate
- Chairs stackable up to six chairs high
- Chairs can be used indoors or outdoors
- Small Rectangular Table
- Large Rectangular Table
- Louis Ghost Chair
- Kartell products use a wide variety of plastic materials, thereby reducing the use of living organisms, such as trees, which are difficult and time-consuming to replace. Most Kartell products are easily recycled and product components can be separated to elements made of a single material to simplify the recycling process. Plastic components also carry clear identification marks to aid correct separation of different plastic types for effective recycling.
- Kartell products are easy to clean and require only simple care to remain in excellent condition. Please see here for specific information on the proper cleaning and use of Kartell materials.
- Set includes one rectangular dining table in one of two sizes
- Includes two Louis Ghost chairs and two Victoria ghost chairs with the option of additional chairs
- Chairs suitable for residential or commercial use
- Collection: Ghost
- Distressed: No
- Country of Manufacture: Italy
- In 2005, Kartell received accreditation for its Quality Management Systems according to the ISO 9001: 2000 standard. The attainment and preservation of this certification testifies to Kartell's commitment to high quality and continued research into higher levels of quality in company management systems.
- Authentic Kartell products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 12 months under normal use and under conditions for which the items were designated. Should you discover shortly after receiving your Top Top table or Ghost chairs that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost.
- 28.5'' H x 63'' W x 31.5'' D
- Weight: 94.6 lbs
- 28.5'' H x 75'' W x 35.5'' D
- Weight: 114.4 lbs
- 37.2'' H X 21.4'' W X 21.8''
- Seat Height: 18.66''
- Arm Height: 26.38''
- Weight: 10.6 lbs