The modern global world is characterized by flexibility, speed and a constant change of focus – and everyday life thus primarily calls for variable concepts, unconventional solutions and compatible systems. What Kahla does best is ensure that when it comes to porcelain your every wish comes true. Porcelain that suits you, that is as individual and flexible as your life style.
For Kahla, innovation means producing solutions that go beyond inflexible processes and the conventions of yesterday. Solutions that are produced economically, ecologically and are ultimately affordable. With this challenge, Kahla has set out to create a new dimension to eating, to enjoyment and to hospitality. By means of design competitions and workshops Kahla is in a permanent dialogue with a host of ambitious avant-garde minds. The fact that Kahla are asked again and again by young innovative designers to enter into partnerships proves to us that we know what you want.
More than 40 design prizes in ten years – two numbers that underscore KAHLA/Thüringen Porzellan’s success story. In 2003 alone Kahla won an impressive ten awards, for the most part for our product design, but their marketing activities and packaging were also singled out for glory. Kahla is rightly proud of the numerous red dot awards and German Designer Club prizes. Kahla is particularly pleased that their porcelain even picked up awards in the USA (in 2004 in the renowned IDEA competition) and in 1999 and 2002 the Good Design Award in Japan.
- IDEA (Industrial Design Excellence Award) USA 2004
- iF Design Award (Hanover)
- Good Design Award (Chicago) 2003
- Auszeichnung beim Designpreis Thüringen 2003
- Good Design Award (Japan) 2003
- Form 2003 Federal Craft Association in Germany
- Baden-Württemberg International Design Award 2003 Design Centre Stuttgart
- Design Plus 2002
- Good Design Award 2002 Japan
- Good Design Award 2001 The Chicago Athenaeum (USA)