About the Designer
Yves Béhar was born in 1967 in Lausanne, Switzerland to a German mother and a Turkish father.
He studied drawing and industrial design in both Europe and the United States. Béhar attended school in Lausanne, Switzerland and at the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California. He holds a B.S. in Industrial Design from the Art Center College of Design, California.
Yves Béhar is a designer, entrepreneur, and sustainability advocate. He is the founder and principal designer of Fuseproject, an award-winning industrial design and brand development firm. He's also Chief Creative Officer of the wearable technology company Jawbone.
Béhar's design work emphasizes the integration of commercial products with sustainability and social good. In 2011, the Conde Nast Innovation and Design Awards recognized him as Designer of the Year. His clients have included Herman Miller, PUMA, MINI, See Better to Learn Better, General Electric, Swarovski, Samsung, Jimmyjane, and Prada.
People at their best live unframed, going beyond expectations to surprise and delight us. When you settle into the frameless back of a SAYL chair, you experience unprecedented freedom of movement and beautiful support - with an extremely small environmental impact. Inspired by the principles of suspension bridges, the frameless back of the SAYL work chair encourages a full range of movement while the suspension back material keeps you cool.
- Frameless 3D Intelligent Suspension back that allows freedom of movement
- Upholstered seat with foam padding and passive Posturefit back support
- Synchronous tilt provides continuous balance and lets the body recline naturally
- 5-Star base with choice of carpet or hard floor casters
- Chair is tested and warranted for use by persons 350 pounds and under
- Arms can be removed in the field with no tools required
- A support system that molds directly to your body
- Inspired by Golden Gate - The suspension material is stretched from the Y-Tower frame just as cables are stretched from the towers of a suspension bridge
- Varying Tension: greater in transition areas, from the thoracic to the lumbar areas and between the lumbar area and sacrum
- ''Hinge points'' allow areas to flex and support the healthy, forward rotation of the pelvis while simultaneously giving less tension to other parts of the back to allow full range seated movement.
- Back suspension made of Eco-Dematerialised materials and is 93% recyclable.
- Contains no PVC
- Comprised of 10% recycled materials
- Cradle to Cradle and GREENGUARD certified
- Wayfair backs a 12-year manufacturer warranty if you have any problem with your SAYL chair, Herman Miller will cover the cost of fixing it
- Wayfair offers same-day shipping on in-stock orders placed before 2 PM EST Monday-Friday