About the DesignerCharles & Ray Eames
Charles Ormond Eames, Jr (1907–1978) and Bernice Alexandra "Ray" (née Kaiser) Eames (1912–1988) were American designers, who worked in and made major contributions to modern architecture and furniture. They also worked in the fields of industrial and graphic design, fine art and film. For 40 years, the tables designed by Charles and Ray Eames have brought refinement to places where people get together. With their range of shapes, finishes, and sizes, Eames tables remain a popular choice for those who appreciate durability and performance, as well as simple beauty.
Introduced over forty years ago, Eames Tables have helped to establish exciting new furniture that is just as fitting in the home as the contemporary office. Created with simple Cubist sensibilities, Eames Tables come in sizes that range from 30 inches to 22 feet, with choices of three base designs, four table top shapes and 22 laminate or 9 veneer choices. The Design
In 1964, the office of Charles and Ray Eames designed a table with a single segmented base, constructed of modular units, that could support tops of different lengths and widths. The strength and versatility of the lean and simple base design makes it possible to produce tables in a wide range of sizes.
Like all fine works of art, Eames Tables endure through the decades. Like all Herman Miller products, Eames Tables purchased today have the strength and durability to provide reliable performance for tomorrow and decades to come. Features at a Glance:
- More options means more ways to meet a range of budgets
- Sturdy, modular bases: Segmented Base featured here
- All bases feature adjustable glides
- Inch thick, durable table top
- Round shaped table top
- Top available in six diameter options: 42", 48", or 54"
- Seventeen veneer top options
- Wood veneer features consistent grain across the whole top
- Recut veneer is a combination of several cut veneers, resulting in fewer natural grain patterns
- Nine vinyl edge finish options
- Six column finish options
- Seven base finish options
- Tables that have a Veneer of 42" Light Ash Recut Veneer, Edge Finish of Black Umber, Column Finish of Black Umber, and a Base Finish of Polished Aluminum feature same day shipping
- Tables that have a Veneer of 48" Geiger Aged Cherry Wood, Edge Finish of Soft White, Column Finish of Soft White, and a Base Finish of Soft White feature same day shipping
- Tables that have a Veneer of 42" Maple Wood, Edge Finish of Black Umber, Column Finish of Black Umber, and a Base Finish of Polished Aluminum feature same day shipping
- All other options ship in 6 -8 weeks
Why Buy From Us?
NOTE: This is a special-order item. As such, orders for this item cannot be cancelled once placed. To ensure your satisfaction, please call us with any questions you have prior to ordering.
- Eames® Tables are Specialty Order Items in order to accommodate complete customization.
- Wayfair stand behind our on all Herman Miller products.
- Wayfair also back a 12-Year Manufacturer Warranty. Should you experience any problems with your Eames® Table, Herman Miller will cover the cost of fixing it for you.
- Also, should you discover shortly after receiving your Eames® Table that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost. and Utah