The Design Florence Knoll is considered by many to be a leader of 20th-century architecture and design. Studying architecture with Mies van der Rohe and working alongside of Marcel Breuer and Bauhaus founder, Walter Gropius--Knoll was primed for success. Forming Knoll Associates with her husband, Hans, Knoll headed up the Planning Unit at Knoll, creating what she referred to as ''the fill-in pieces that no one else wants to do.'' Like so many of her ground-breaking designs that became the gold standard for the industry, this 1954 piece has gone on to become a classic. Like many of Knoll's designs, the Florence Knoll Square Coffee Table is reserved and cool, severe and angular--reflecting the objective perfectionism of the early 1960s. The KnollStudio logo and Florence Knoll's signature are stamped on the inside of leg of every table. *This product is made to order and thus customer orders cannot be canceled once the products go into production
- Base comes in either satin or polished chrome-plated steel
- KnollStudio logo and designer's signature are stamped into the base
- Glass tops 5/8''-thick polished plate glass
- Available in clear, black or white glass
- Coated marble tops 5/8''-thick marble with transparent polyester to help eliminate use-associated stains
- Natural marble and granite tops 3/4''-thick with protective sealer
- Wood tops 3/4''-thick veneered medium density fiberboard with cathedral grain pattern
- Tops contain threaded inserts and attach to base with screws
- Coated Marble:Available in five coated finishes
- Wood:Toned and stained finishes for light oak, light walnut, reff dark cherry and pearwood
- Wood:Ebonized walnut finish features black stain on walnut substrate
- Coated Marble:Please note marbles with polyester coating will yellow over time
- Awards:American Institute of Interior Designers First Award, USA, 1954 Dimensions: Overall Dimensions: 17'' H x 23.5'' W x 23.5'' D Order with Confidence:Sustainability Statement: Sustainable design is a key component of Knoll's environmental focus. Knoll's commitment to social responsibility and a healthy environment has prompted the company to further articulate its longstanding environmental programs and, with encouragement and support from colleagues in the industry, Knoll has re-energized its focus on such ''green'' initiatives as life cycle analysis and LEED certification. Knoll is proud to have contributed to projects that have received LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council. Knoll products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the applicable warranty period set forth in the Knoll Warranty.Should you discover shortly after receiving your Florence Knoll Coffee Table that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost. .Each authentic Knoll product is stamped with the KnollStudio Logo and designer signature and includes a certificate of authenticity.
See something odd?
Report it here.