With the Eames Molded Fiberglass Side Chair, the Eameses created a universal response to what everyone wants from a chair: a simple, gracious form that fits any body and every place. Thanks to a new, proprietary process of producing fiberglass-reinforced plastic, Herman Miller is once again able to produce the original 1950 Eames Molded Fiberglass Side Chair safely. The Molded Fiberglass Side Chair is available in various colors as well as numerous upholstery and base options, making it an ideal dining chair option for both formal and informal spaces alike.
- Material: Molded Fiberglass
- Wire base
- 19% Recycled content; 99% recyclable
- A ''Preform'' that Performs: To create preforms for the new Eames Molded Fiberglass Arm and Side Chairs, a "dry binder process" is used
- With this technique, fiberglass strands, some of which melt at a lower temperature, are blown by a robot onto a screen in the shape of the chair shell
- Heat is then applied, and enough strands melt so that the preform's shape remains intact, avoiding the harmful "wet glue" process used in traditional fiberglass fabrication
- A Greener Resin: By employing technology used mainly in the automotive and manufacturing industries, this new fiberglass resin boasts many environmental improvements
- Monomer-free and processed without VOC (volatile organic compounds) or HAP (hazardous air pollutants) emissions, these resins eliminate the need for thermal oxidizers
- Compared to the fiberglass resins used in the Eameses' original design, the new resin results in a safer work environment for employees
- Made in the USA
- Number of Items Included: 1
See something odd?
Report it here.