The Eames Chaise is soft, comfortable, and just 18 inches wide. When you lie on it, you naturally fold your arms over your chest. Should you doze off, your arms soon fall to your sides, waking you up. It's a beautiful place to relax for a spell in a study, den, or executive office. The gently curved frame puts the body in a healthful relaxed position, with the head and legs slightly raised. The Eames Chaise is designed for quick, healthful snoozes. The Design: In 1955 while filming on location, director Billy Wilder discovered he could take quick naps on a plank held up by sawhorses. This prompted Wilder to tell his friends Charles and Ray Eames that he needed a narrow office couch. , The Eameses remembered that conversation and in 1968 introduced the Eames Chaise, giving the first one to Wilder. It has been produced by Herman Miller ever since.
- Why Buy From Us?: The Eames Chaise is offered as a Specialty Order Item in order to accommodate complete customization.
- Why Buy From Us?: Also, should you discover shortly after receiving your Eames Chaise that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost.
- Sleek Sophistication: Sculptural frame and base with trim lines
- Cushioned Comfort: Six 2.5-inch-thick foam cushions
- Cushioned Comfort: Cushions are secured to nylon fabric tightly slung on the frame and joined by flexible zippers
- Cushioned Comfort: Two loose cushions give additional support for the neck, back, or legs
- Cushioned Comfort: Gently curved frame
- Secure Support: Die-cast aluminum frame and base are stable and strong
- Secure Support: Glides are high-impact nylon
- Cushioned Comfort: Upholstered in soft, supple leather
- Secure Support: Scratch-resistant, eggplant-colored nylon coating is electrostatically applied to the aluminum
- Why Buy From Us?: Wayfair backs a 12-year warranty. Should you experience any problems with your Eames Chaise, Herman Miller will cover the cost of fixing it for you.
- Upholstery Material: Leather
See something odd?
Report it here.