Haiku, the traditional knife-line by Chroma Cutlery, Inc. Haiku knives are manufactured in small Japanese knife factories out of high-grade modern steel. Borrowing from an ancient method, a bamboo peg ("mekugi") is inserted from the side into every Haiku knife where the tang and handle are joined for added stability. Traditional sword smiths in Japan use this time-tested technique when crafting swords like those once used by the samurai of medieval Japan. Haiku - the Japanese knife with the honoki-wood handle.
- Whetstone Sharpener
- Designed for quick and easy sharpening
- Overall dimensions : 8" H x 2.5" W x 1.75" D
Please note the following instructions to insure the knife remains in optimal condition for years to come:
- Please take special care when using them(Keep them away from children)
- Never wash Haiku knives in the dishwasher, the aggressive detergents and heat damage the steel and the honoki wood
- Always wash the knife in warm water and dry it by hand after every use. Such care insures life-long reliability of Haiku
- Do not cut bone or another hard materials with Haiku knives. A cleaver should be used for such tasks
- A Haiku knife needs to be sharpened at home to stay sharp a long time. Use the Haiku whetstone for best results; if necessary another ceramic whetstone may be used. In a desperate situation, draw the knife's edge over the bottom of an unglazed porcelain bowl to sharpen. Please never use a sharpening-steel, as it will damage the fine Haiku edge
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.