About the Designer
Sandy Chilewich is the founder and creative director of Chilewich / Sultan LLC in the United States. Chilewich has reinterpreted underutilized and overlooked manufacturing practices, producing designs marked by ingenuity and elegance for the last three decades with two distinct businesses. In 1978, Chilewich co-founded the hosiery company HUE with Kathy Moska; by 1997 the company was credited with revolutionizing the leg wear market with its innovations in design, packaging and merchandising. In years after the sale of the still-thriving HUE, Chilewich continued to explore her fascination with materials and textiles. In 1997, she introduced the highly successful Ray Bowl, which was acclaimed with utility patents and numerous awards. In a quest for other fabrics to incorporate into the Ray Bowl, she stumbled upon woven vinyl and fell in love with what she believed was a completely underutilized textile. Hence the launch, in 2000, of Chilewich's current distinctive product line of vinyl textiles. Chilewich went on to design and manufacture a number of successful applications for her growing collection of textiles. Her tablemats and floor mats can be seen in homes and better restaurants around the world. Chilewich bags, totes and cosmetic bags are modern and functional, perfect for travel and everyday use. In 2001 Chilewich, together with her architect husband, Joe Sultan, launched their first product for contract use. The two have changed the firm's corporate name to Chilewich / Sultan LLC to reflect their emergent business partnership. The award-winning Chilewich / Sultan LLC products are sold around the world.
The traditional weaving pattern of the Round Woven Vinyl Placemat has been transformed into a truly modern aesthetic using a palette of contemporary neutrals. These range from natural earth tones to lustrous metallic hues. The clean pattern of this placemat creates a simple elegance.
Care and Maintenance:
- Made of woven vinyl
- Overall Dimensions: 15" Diameter
Order with Confidence:
- Placemat should be stored flat to prevent permanent creasing
- Clean using soap and water with a damp cloth
- Should a stubborn stain occur, woven vinyl is very durable and can withstand aggressive scrubbing with a bleach based cleanser. This will remove the stain without altering the fabric
- Do not iron. This is a vinyl product
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your Round Woven Vinyl Placemat that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.