The Pastil Chair, reminiscent of a bright piece of candy, is an example of his highly innovative vision. The New York Times described the Pastil Chair and the iconic Ball Chair as ''the most comfortable forms to hold up the human body.'' With its smooth fiberglass body and perfectly contoured seat, you can showcase this striking piece anywhere inside or outside your home for practical comfort as well as maximum visual impact. 1967The Design: The Pastil shape can be looked at from many angles. The product shape comes from a small sweetie, pastil, but in this case the idea was that a lot of empty, cushioned space is sent to the other side of the world inside the Ball Chair. A new round chair would fit in this space, and so the diameter of the Pastil is the same as the opening of the Ball Chair. The Pastil Chair is an extremely versatile piece of seating. It rocks forwards, backwards, and side to side and is able to adapt to many environments, equally adept at floating on water or sliding down a snowy hill.
- Made of fiberglass
- Suitable for indoor or outdoor use
- Able to float; ideal for pool or lake use
- Rocks forwards, backwards and side to side
- American Industrial Design Award winner, 1968
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your Pastil Chair that parts are damaged, please call us immediately and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost.
See something odd?
Report it here.